Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Organized New Mom Tip #10: Two crib sheets on the crib

This is one of my favorite tips, so listen up! 
I remember being almost full term, wrestling with my son’s crib sheet for the first time and dreading having to change it after every spit up, diaper leak and illness (which would end up being almost daily). Later that afternoon, I was sorting through all my sisters’ baby hand-me-downs and came across a miracle. It was a waterproof crib sheet that fits on top of the crib mattress by stretchy strips of fabric you can snap around the crib rails. I’m not sure of the exact brand that I have, but I found a similar brand on this you tube link:
With this little wonder, I was able to concoct a super baby linen formula that would allow me to go at least a couple of days without having to change the evil crib sheet.
1.       Place a waterproof pad on the bare mattress.
2.       Place the extremely frustrating, hard-to-manage fitted crib sheet over the waterproof pad
3.       Take a 5 minute break to catch your breath J
4.       Place the top crib sheet that attaches to the crib rails on top of the fitted crib sheet
When your baby makes a mess in the middle of the night, now all you have to do is remove the top sheet and you won’t have to perform The Dance of the Crib Sheet Fairy before putting your little one back to sleep.  If I wash the crib topper sheet soon enough, most times there’s no need to change that nasty fitted crib sheet before putting the top sheet back on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment